二十個問題
陪爸媽好好說一次話
二十題全部都在這一頁,不用註冊,也沒有藏起來的部分。想印出來帶走的話,最下面有。
怎麼用這份問題
七句話,跟問題本身一樣重要。大部分人卡住的不是不知道要問什麼,而是話接不下去。
問一個問題,然後就安靜下來。
Ask one question. Then stop talking.
沉默不是壞事——故事就藏在那幾秒鐘裡。
Silence isn't a problem. It's where the story is.
不要糾正年份或名字。讓他們用自己的方式講。
Don't correct dates or names. Let them tell it their way.
「後來呢?」——這一句就夠了。
"Then what happened?" is the only follow-up you need.
如果他們說「沒什麼好講的」,就先問別人的事。繞一圈,他們自己會講回來。
If they say there's nothing to tell, ask about someone else in the family. They'll come back around.
二十分鐘就是一場真正的談話,不需要兩個小時。
Twenty minutes is a real conversation. You don't need two hours.
錄下來。你記得住內容,記不住他們說話的樣子。
Record it. You'll remember what they said. You won't remember how they said it.
二十個問題
順序是有道理的,不要跳著問。前面兩組具體、安全,先問完,後面比較深的題目才問得下去。
小時候的家
The house you grew up in
你小時候睡在哪裡?房間裡還有誰?
Where did you sleep when you were little? Who else was in the room?
早上起來,家裡是什麼味道?
What did your home smell like in the morning?
你們家誰最早起床?他起來以後都在做什麼?
Who woke up first in your family, and what did they do?
大人不在的時候,你們幾個小孩都在玩什麼?
What did you and the other kids do when the grown-ups weren't watching?
養你長大的人
The people who raised you
說說你媽媽吧。她年輕的時候是什麼樣的人?
Tell me about your mother. What was she like when she was young?
你爸爸每天都在忙什麼?
What was your father busy with all day?
你們家有沒有誰是大家都有點怕的?
Was there someone in the family everyone was a little afraid of?
有沒有誰教過你什麼,你到現在還在做?
Did someone teach you something you still do today?
走過來的路
How you got here
離開的那一天,你還記得什麼?
What do you remember about the day you left?
你帶了什麼過來?有什麼是不得不留下的?
What did you bring with you? What did you have to leave behind?
剛來的第一個月,什麼事情讓你最意外?
What surprised you most in your first month here?
剛來的時候,第一個對你好的人是誰?
Who was the first person here who was kind to you?
那些平常的日子
Love, work, and the ordinary days
你跟媽媽(爸爸)是怎麼認識的?誰先注意到誰?
How did you and Mom (Dad) meet? Who noticed who first?
你的第一份工作是什麼?那時候一個月拿多少錢?
What was your first job, and what did it pay?
有沒有什麼事情你其實很拿手,但是沒什麼人知道?
What were you good at that nobody knew about?
有沒有哪一年特別難熬?
Was there a year that was harder than the others?
你想讓我們記得的
What you want us to keep
不要從這裡開始。前面聊了半個小時之後,這幾題才問得下去。
你最拿手的那道菜,能不能教我怎麼做?從頭到尾說一遍。
The dish you make best — will you teach me? Take me through the whole thing.
有沒有什麼事,你一直沒跟我說,只是因為我從來沒問?
Is there anything you've never told me, only because I never asked?
你希望孫子孫女以後知道你是個什麼樣的人?
What do you want your grandchildren to know about you?
如果現在能跟你媽媽說一句話,你會說什麼?
If you could say one thing to your own mother now, what would it be?
中秋加問三題——九月二十五日
小時候,你們家的中秋節是怎麼過的?
How did your family celebrate Mid-Autumn when you were little?
那時候的月餅是什麼口味的?跟現在一樣嗎?
What kind of mooncakes did you have back then? The same as now?
有沒有哪一年的中秋,你是一個人過的?
Was there a Mid-Autumn you spent on your own?
最後一題才是重點。一個人漂洋過海過來的爸媽,一定有過那樣的一年,只是從來沒有人問過。
你記得住內容,記不住他們說話的樣子。
用 GramGrams 把答案錄下來可以免費開始。他們的話和你的話,一句一句並排放著。